Lobster Po Boy
Another recipe from the Toni On! New York Show.
Lobster Po’ Boy
(makes 2 large sandwiches)
2 cooked lobster tails (from 1.5 pound lobsters), shelled
1 cup flour
1/3 cup cornmeal
12 ounce bottle club soda
2 leaves romaine lettuce
1 tomato, sliced thinly
½ pint coleslaw
½ cup tartar sauce
2 Martin’s hoagie buns
1 quart frying oil (vegetable)
1 teaspoon chopped chive
salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a high-sided pot to 350 degrees.
- Prepare lobster tail by cutting in half, removing vein, and cutting into 1 inch cubes.
- Prepare the batter by mixing flour, cornmeal, club soda, and egg and a pinch of salt (expect the batter to seem a little thin).
- Coat the lobster in batter and carefully place in hot oil, frying until golden.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove pieces from oil and dry them on a paper towel. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Warm bread in the oven or toaster oven and spread tartar sauce on both sides of bread.
- Place lettuce, tomato and coleslaw (in that order) on the bread and top with fried lobster and sprinkle with chopped chive.