Work with Us
ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER
The Assistant General Manager oversees the operations of the restaurant, working to maximize profitability while upholding the company’s mission, values, policies, quality and guest experience standards. They should be able to keep up in a fast-paced environment and work well under pressure.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Create FOH schedules and train FOH staff.
Manage and evaluate employees’ performance.
Monitor and record FOH inventory as well as order new supplies.
Edit POS with menu updates and pricing changes.
Recruit and train new employees to meet restaurant standards.
Adhere to and implement sanitation and safety regulations.
Manage the team in the GM absence.
Must be able to work in Sag Harbor, NY or New York, NY.
5 years restaurant management experience in high-volume establishments.
Extensive food and wine knowledge.
Experience with POS, payroll, bar management, F&B cost control and financial understanding.
Familiar with scheduling & Human Resources laws.
Hamptons experience is preferred but not necessary.
Must be flexible, able to work days, nights, weekends and holidays.
Compensation commensurate with experience. Position available immediately.
CATERING SALES MANAGER
Ed’s Lobster Bar Sag Harbor is seeking an experienced and energetic catering sales manager. Previous banquet or catering experience sales preferred. Position involves flexible schedule with daytime, evenings/nights, weekends and holidays. Must be able to work in Sag Harbor, NY.
Qualified candidates will be personable and presentable, great oral communicators, detail-oriented, organized, punctual; can work with minimal direction after training; success-driven; food or confection experience is a plus. Knowledge of Hamptons food scene and self-starter desired.
Plan, coordinate, and execute all catering events from start to finish and ensure the highest quality of product and service throughout.
Negotiate prices and arrangements with clients, draws up contracts, and secures client’s signature and deposit.
Use professional sales techniques to negotiate the best possible terms and conditions that satisfy customer (internal and external) requirements.
Manage the customer decision and relationship process.
Coordinate with operations managers to organize necessary banquet, kitchen, and service staff and arrangements for each event.
Maintain an excellent track record of maintaining budgetary allotments and exceeding guests’ expectations in satisfaction.
Document and review all records for each catering event and analyze what can be done to improve booking sales.
Maintain an excellent knowledge of food, wine, and spirits while marking our brand.
Design and deliver appropriate catering menus by collaborating with clients and chefs.
A minimum of 3 years catering sales experience in a full service, catering company, high volume restaurant, hotel, or other food and beverage unit with a similar capacity and clientele.
Excellent Knowledge of food, wine, and spirits
High-level understanding and expertise in the sales process.
Excellent work habits and organizational skills to conduct detailed follow-through with clients and catering staff.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
SERVERS, BARTENDERS, FOOD RUNNERS, BUSSERS, HOSTS, CASHIERS
We are looking for energetic, personable, and hardworking FOH team members. Must be able to multitask and have excellent customer service skills while displaying a pleasant and cheerful disposition. Part time and full time available. Housing not provided. New York minimum wage plus tips.
• Must be able to work in Sag Harbor, NY or New York, NY
• High School diploma
• 2 - 3 years prior front of house experience in a high-volume establishment.
• Able to perform high-quality work without supervision.
• Able to handle money accurately and operate a POS system.
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment and deliver orders in a timely manner.
• Able to multitask and work well under pressure in a team-oriented environment with other servers, bussers, hosts, bartenders and cooks.
LINE COOKS, PREP COOKS, DISHWASHER
We are seeking organized, energetic kitchen staff to join our team. Top-notch candidates will be able to perform well within a fast-paced environment.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Prior experience in similar position
• Thorough knowledge of food safety procedures
• Excellent organizational, time management, and multitasking abilities
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
• Capacity to work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to stand for extended periods
• Ability to work shifts during weekends and on public holidays as needed
This hardworking and positive individual should be able to keep up in a fast paced environment and work well under pressure. Ideal candidates will have previous seafood experience, strong line skills, and knowledge of scheduling, ordering, and inventory. Only candidates with serious chef experience should apply.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Create schedules for kitchen employees
• Manage and evaluate kitchen employees’ performance
• Monitor and record inventory as well as order new supplies
• Provide support to junior kitchen employees with various tasks including line cooking,
food preparation, and dish plating
• Develop new menu items based on seasonal changes and customer demand
• Assist with the preparation and planning of meal designs
• Recruit and train new kitchen employees to meet restaurant and kitchen standards
• Adhere to and implement sanitation and safety regulations
• Manage the kitchen team in the executive chef’s absence
• Must be able to work in Sag Harbor, NY
• Serious chef experience required, a minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role
• Bachelor’s degree in Culinary Science or relevant field preferred
• Strong understanding of cooking methods, kitchen equipment, and best practices
• Teamwork-oriented with outstanding leadership abilities
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Potential Housing Provided
• Full Time Position